From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Traded as||BSE: 533273|
|Key people||Vikas Oberoi, Managing director|
Oberoi Realty (Oberoi Constructions) is one of the India's biggest real estate developerbased in Mumbai, Maharashtra. It is led by billionaire Vikas Oberoi. It has completed 32 projects covering approximately 4.979 million square feet of saleable area spread across the city of Mumbai. Its main interest is in Residential, Office Space, Retail, Hospitality and Social Infrastructure properties in Mumbai, the commercial capital of India.
It was incorporated in early 1980 as Oberoi Constructions which later changed to Oberoi Realty Limited. It was listed on Bombay Stock Exchange in 2010.
Indian Billionaire Vikas Oberoi is the Promoter of Oberoi Construction. He inherited his fortune – Oberoi Construction.
Oberoi Construction was started in 1985 by his father from the profits of family's saffron-trading business. Since taking over in 1997 Oberoi has built on inheritance with several upmarket residential and commercial projects. He has 79% stake in Mumbai developer Oberoi Realty, which he took public last year. It has built 34 projects covering 5 million square feet in suburban Mumbai. Showpiece is Oberoi Garden City, an 80-acre complex.
Got noticed when, backed by a venture capital firm, he scooped up GlaxoSmithkline's corporate headquarters for $24 million in a hotly contested auction in 2003. Recently, Morgan Stanley's real estate arm invested $152 million for a reported 10% stake.
He married Gayatri Joshi a Former Bollywood Actress in 2005 and has two sons. He owns a 4-seater Cirrus airplane, which he pilots.
Established in the year 2006, Oberoi Foundation will be taking ahead Oberoi Realty's social initiatives. The Foundation has been established for promoting education and providing state-of-the-art medical facilities through its varied initiatives.
Oberoi International School
Oberoi International School is an initiative of the Oberoi Foundation.
- "Won’t get a home below Rs20 lakh in city - Mumbai - DNA". Dnaindia.com. 2008-12-17. Retrieved 2011-02-02.
- "65-floor fantasy tower will rise in Worli - Mumbai - DNA". Dnaindia.com. 2006-04-25. Retrieved 2011-02-02.
- "The Hindu Business Line : Oberoi Constructions enters retail space, opens mall in Mumbai". Thehindubusinessline.in. 2008-06-11. Retrieved 2011-02-02.
- Raghavendra Kamath / Mumbai March 13, 2008, 5:40 IST (2008-03-13). "Oberois plan Rs 4,000 cr IPO". Business-standard.com. Retrieved 2011-02-02.
- "BSE Plus". Bseindia.com. Retrieved 2011-02-02.